Saturday, February 4, 2012

Galaxy nails

These nails were inspired by several designs I have seen online.  I really love the gradient/sponging technique and this is how I accomplished the galaxy look. For these, I used several different colors.  For the base coat, I used Sally Hansen "Blackout".  I first sponged on the light blue using a makeup applicator sponge, using China Glaze's "Bahamian Escape".  After the light blue I sponged the greenish color which is China Glaze's "Entourage".  I also dabbed extra colors onto it like the darker blue China Glaze "Sky High Top" and the dark purple China Glaze "Grape Pop".  To add some extra flare to it, I dotted some random white dots to make them look like tiny stars.  I then put a very light coat of China Glaze's "Fairy Dust" to add some sparkle on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment