Saturday, February 4, 2012

Glitter Nail Polish Removal Technique - With Video



Hi everyone! You know me, I love anything sparkly! I always have some sort of glitter on my nails and the best glitter is the hardest to remove! =/

Eventually I got tired of hard scrubbing and using cotton ball after cotton ball and loads of nail polish remover. So I was browsing the web for easier ways to remove glitter nail polish.  Glitter polish tends to destroy the threads of a cotton ball, making it stick to the polish when you vigorously rub it.  That makes the nail polish even more difficult to remove.  Also, I know that 100% pure acetone will do the trick, but I just don't like the thought of rubbing pure acetone on my nails all the time.

This method that I came across from many different sites, works like MAGIC! And you don't have to worry about over drying/destroying your nails from all that pure acetone. All you need is regular nail polish remover (I usually get mine from Target,Up&Up Target brand and it works fine), cotton balls, and aluminum foil.

Step 1: Moisten your cotton ball with nail polish remover
Step 2: Place the cotton ball onto your glitter polished nail and secure it by pressing down on the cotton ball with slight pressure
Step 3: Wrap the cotton ball in place, using the aluminum foil
Step 4: Leave your fingers wrapped for about 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove the foil with the cotton ball from your fingers.  The majority of the polish should be gone, if not all.  It may not perfectly remove everything, but you could always go back with the same soaked cotton balls and remove the remaining portions of the polish.
AND YOU ARE DONE!!

No more painful scrubbing!! =D


p.s. -As I stated in my video, I did not come up with this technique.  To be honest, I'm not sure who did! I just know that it has worked for everyone that has reviewed the technique.

Now I can paint all the glitter I want without having to dread the day that I have to take it off.

Happy polishing!!
 --Care--

No comments:

Post a Comment